Plum is tart-sweet and offers an acidic flavor. It is a red skin plum with pale yellow flesh. The Flesh is dense, crunchy, and mildly juicy. Red Plum is a versatile Plum, great for snacking and making pies, jams & sauces. Plums are a rich source of Vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones.
- Plums are known to contain very less amount of calories and no saturated fats.
- They increase iron absorption into the body due to the vitamin C content.
- They prevent osteoporosis, maintain healthy nervous system and protect heart health.
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Their juicy and succulent flavour is relished by eating them fresh.
- Used in desserts, fruit puddings, fruit salads, etc. Used to prepare plum sauce in Asian cuisines which gives a balance of sweet-sour flavour.