Dragon fruits are oval to oblong in shape and size, with pink peel and green scale-like leaves. It is named after its resemblance to dragon scales. White flesh is dotted with black, tiny edible seeds. It has juicy and spongy flesh with sweet flavour and a hint of sourness.
- Dragon fruits are rich in number of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Hence,these are considered as superfoods.
- They detoxify the body and boosts immunity. Prevents anaemia, cancer, etc.Essential for hair care, skin care, eye care.
- Necessary for pregnant women as it prevents birth defects, aids in the bone develpment of fetus ensuring a healthy pregnancy
Did you know?This fruit is very good for people who suffer from arthritis. So, it is called as an anti-arthritis fruit.
- Once they are cut, they only last for a couple of days. Place them in an air tight container and refrigerate.
- Dragon fruit is easy to eat, just cut the fruit into slices or quarters and peel off the skin.
- Dragon fruits are savoured fresh by scooping out the white center fruit. Used in salads, puddings, smoothies and milkshakes.